- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
Char Dham Yatra Package from Dehradun: Embark on a Divine Odyssey
Plan a 10-day Himalayan Char Dham Yatra From Dehradun pilgrimage through the spiritual peaks, where sacred alpine trails takes you in the lap of mighty Himalayan Gods.
Embark on a seamless and spiritually enriching Char Dham Yatra with our meticulously curated package departing from Dehradun. Our journey commences with a comfortable drive from Dehradun, ensuring a hassle-free start to this sacred odyssey. Delve into the divine as you explore the revered shrines of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath, each a jewel in the crown of Uttarakhand’s spiritual landscape.
Our all-inclusive Char Dham Yatra package offers carefully selected accommodations, ensuring a peaceful retreat after each day’s pilgrimage. Experience the convenience of guided tours, expertly navigating through the intricacies of each sacred site, allowing you to absorb the spiritual energy without the burden of logistics. With reliable transportation, delectable meals, and dedicated assistance, our package is designed to provide you with a profound and worry-free spiritual journey.
Immerse yourself in the divine aura of these ancient temples, surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Himalayas. Our Char Dham Yatra package from Dehradun promises not just a pilgrimage but a transformative experience, blending comfort, spirituality, and the unparalleled charm of Uttarakhand’s sacred destinations. Join us on this sacred venture, where every detail is thoughtfully crafted to make your Char Dham Yatra an unforgettable and deeply meaningful expedition.
Tentative Shrine Opening Dates For Char Dham Yatra 2024
|10 MAY 2024
|12 MAY 2024
|14 MAY 2024
|16 MAY 2024
Get A Tailored Char Dham Yatra From Dehradun Quote In Just 24 Hours
Chasing Spiritual Peaks: Dehradun’s Gateway to Char Dham Bliss
Delve into the charm of Char Dham as you start from Dehradun to the sacred realms, exploring the religious and natural wonders along the way.
Embarking on the sacred Char Dham Yatra from the picturesque city of Dehradun is not just a pilgrimage but a transformative journey into the heart of spirituality, enveloped by the majestic Himalayas. This divine odyssey covers the revered shrines of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath, each holding a unique significance in Hindu mythology and drawing thousands of pilgrims annually.
Dehradun as the Gateway:
Dehradun serves as the ideal gateway to the Char Dham circuit, offering excellent connectivity by road, rail, and air. Its accessibility makes it a strategic starting point, facilitating a smooth transition from the bustling city to the serene abodes of gods. Pilgrims often find Dehradun’s well-developed infrastructure, with a range of hotels, restaurants, and transportation options, a comforting introduction to the spiritual sojourn that lies ahead.
Preparation and Acclimatization:
Choosing Dehradun as the starting point allows pilgrims to adequately prepare for the journey ahead. Obtaining permits, acquiring necessary travel items, and acclimatizing to the altitude are essential aspects of a successful Char Dham Yatra. Dehradun’s lower altitude provides a favourable environment for acclimatization, reducing the risk of altitude-related issues as pilgrims progress to higher altitudes during the Yatra.
Diverse Routes and Exploration:
One of the advantages of initiating the Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun is the flexibility it offers in choosing different routes. Pilgrims can opt for traditional routes or explore alternative paths, each presenting its own set of scenic landscapes, cultural nuances, and spiritual experiences. This variety allows pilgrims to tailor their journey to suit their preferences and discover hidden gems along the way.
Cultural and Historical Detour:
Dehradun itself is steeped in history and culture. Pilgrims can take a detour to explore local attractions, including the iconic Robber’s Cave, Tapkeshwar Temple, and the Forest Research Institute. This cultural exploration not only adds depth to the overall experience but also allows pilgrims to appreciate the rich heritage of the region.
Guided Tour Packages:
For those seeking a more structured and organized Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun, Devbhumi Tourism is offering comprehensive packages. These packages typically include transportation, accommodation, meals, and guided tours to the sacred shrines. Opting for a guided tour can alleviate the logistical challenges, allowing pilgrims to focus solely on the spiritual aspect of the journey.
Medical Facilities and Safety:
Dehradun, being a major city, provides better medical facilities compared to some of the remote areas along the Char Dham route. Pilgrims can access healthcare services if needed before embarking on the journey, contributing to a sense of security and preparedness.
The Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun encapsulates not just a physical journey but a soul-stirring experience that transcends the mundane. From the vibrant streets of Dehradun to the tranquil sanctuaries in the Himalayas, every step on this pilgrimage is a step closer to spiritual elevation. Whether one seeks the solitude of meditation or the camaraderie of fellow pilgrims, starting the Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun sets the stage for a profound and memorable expedition into the heart of divinity.
Click on the TOUR PLAN tab for a detailed itinerary. What makes us best? Check out our Tripadvisor Reviews to learn more about us.
- Day 01
- Day 02
- Day 03
- Day 04
- Day 05
- Day 06
- Day 07
- Day 08
- Day 09
- Day 10
DEHRADUN - BARKOT (130 KM/07 HR)
Pick up from Dehradun in the morning and proceeds straight to Barkot via covering the beautiful Kempty Falls at Mussoorie and the picturesque valleys of Dehradun, Mussoorie, Lakha Mandal, and Naugon hill station of Garhwal. Lunch midway. The evening arrives, get check-in to the hotel. The evening enjoys nature/city walks around your hotel and is free for your leisure. Having dinner and overnight stay at Barkot.
BARKOT - YAMUNOTRI - BARKOT (45 KM/03 HR + 6 KM/SIDE TREK)
Wake up early, get refreshed, and have a cup of tea/coffee and get some packed food for breakfast. The cab will drop you at Janki Chatti and you will need to trek ahead. To explore Yamunotri Dham, you will need to trek for 6 km per side from Janki Chatti. The full-day trek and meals on your own. Get blessed by having a darshan of the idol of Goddes Yamuna which is the source of the great river Yamuna, at Yamunotri temple in the mighty Himalayas. The afternoon treks back to Janki Chatti and boards the vehicle for Barkot. The evening returns back to the hotel and is free for your leisure. Having dinner and overnight stay at Barkot.
BARKOT - UTTARKASHI (85 KM/04 HR)
Cosy morning, get relaxed well. Get refreshed and have your hot breakfast at the hotel. Post breakfast checks out from the hotel and proceeds to Uttarkashi. En-route explores the famous Vishwanath Temple. Lunch midway. The evening arrives, get check-in to the hotel. The evening enjoys nature/city walks around your hotel and is free for your leisure. Having dinner and overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
UTTARKASHI - GANGOTRI - UTTARKASHI (100 KM/04 HR/SIDE)
Wake up early, get refreshed, and have your hot breakfast at the hotel. Post breakfast, board the vehicle and proceed to explore Gangotri Dham. En-route enjoys picturesque Harsil Valley, Bhagirathi River, and the most magnificent views of the snow-clad Himalayas. After Gangotri Darshan, returns back to Uttarkashi. Lunch midway. The evening returns back to the hotel at Uttarkashi. The evening enjoys nature/city walks around your hotel and is free for your leisure. Having dinner and overnight stay at Uttarkashi.
UTTARKASHI - GUPTKASHI (220 KM/10 HR)
Wake up, get refreshed and have your hot breakfast at the hotel. Post breakfast checks out and proceeds to Guptkashi. En-route enjoys the beautiful valleys of Chamiyala, Ghansali, and Agastmuni. Lunch midway. The evening arrives, get check-in to the hotel. The evening enjoys nature/city walks around your hotel and is free for your leisure. Having dinner and overnight stay at Guptkashi.
GUPTKASHI - GAURIKUND - KEDARNATH JI
Wake up early and get refreshed. There are two mediums to reach the Kedarnath temple ie by road and by air. Please find the below details for both mediums.
By Road: If you are planning to reach the Kedarnath temple by road then your cab will take you to Sonprayag. In the high season (May/June) there is much rush on this road from Guptkashi to Sonprayag which has a distance of 30 km. Sometimes this distance takes more than 03 hours to reach Sonprayag.
So, leaving early from Guptkashi for Sonprayag will be a good idea. From Sonprayag you will need to take local conveyance for Gaurikund, which is 05 km ahead of Sonprayag. Gaurikund is the base camp for the Kedarnath trek. You will do medical and biometric registration here and then proceed for the trek to Kedarnath. It is a 16 km trek which takes around 5 hours to complete the trek for a normal person. You will also have other options like Dolly/Ponny if you wish to skip the trekking.
By Air: You can also choose to explore Kedarnath by Helicopter services. Helicopter services are time-saving and give you an amazing birds-eye view of the snow-clad Himalayan peaks behind the Kedarnath temple. If you choose to access the Kedarnath temple by Heli services then the cab will take you to Helipad from where you will do all the formalities and will take off for Kedarnath.
Once you reach Kedarnath, get check-in into the hotel. Take some rest and explore the surroundings on your own. Having dinner and overnight stay at Kedarnath.
KEDARNATH JI - SONPRAYAG - CHOPTA
Wake up early, get refreshed. Do the necessary shopping for the puja at Kedarnath temple. You can book a special pooja on additional charges. After having the Darshan of Lord Kedarthan and pooja ceremony back to the hotel. Pack your luggage and check out. Post check out have your breakfast at Kedarnath. Post breakfast treks down/fly down to Sonprayag/Guptkashi. From Sonpryag/Guptkashi board the cab and proceed straight to Chopta. Chopta is about 75 km from Sonprayag which will take approx 3 hours to reach Chopta. Lunch midway. En-route explores Omkareshwar Temple at Ukhimath and then straight to Chopta. The evening arrives, get check-in to the camps. The evening explores a beautiful sunset and enjoys light music at the camps. Having dinner and overnight stay at Chopta.
CHOPTA - BADRINATH JI (180 KM/07 HR)
The morning investigates the stunning sunrise at Chopta. Post breakfast checks out and proceeds to Badrinath. En-route explores Gopinath Temple at Gopeshwar and Narsingh Temple at Joshimath. Lunch midway. The evening arrives, get check-in into the hotel. The evening is free for your leisure. You can explore the surroundings and Badrinath temple in the evening. Back to the hotel, having dinner and overnight stay at Badrinath Ji.
BADRINATH JI - RUDRAPRAYAG (155 KM/05 HR)
Wake up early, get refreshed, and do the necessary shopping for the pooja at Shri Badrinath Ji. Take a hot bath in a natural spring hot pond at Badrinath Ji, which is also known as Tapt Kund. After having the bath you can choose to stay in line or you can skip the line by applying for a special pooja. After having the darshan and pooja ceremony back to the hotel. Have your hot breakfast at the hotel and check out. Post check out proceeds to explore Mana village. Investigating Bhim Pul, Vyas Gufa, and other gems of Mana. The afternoon proceeds to Rudraprayag. En-route explores Joshimath, Nandprayag, Vishnuprayag, Karnprayag, and Rudraprayag. Lunch midway. The evening arrives, get check-in to the hotel. Evening free for your leisure. Having dinner and overnight stay at Rudraprayag.
RUDRAPRAYAG - RISHIKESH - DEHRADUN (170 KM/06 HR)
Refuel yourself with a heavy breakfast at the hotel. Post breakfast checks out and proceeds to Rishikesh. You can have your lunch at Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh. Post lunch takes you at Ram Jhula where you will explore Parmarth Niketan, Geeta Bhawan, Janki Setu, and Ganga Beach. Post exploration picks you from Janki Setu and proceeds straight to Haridwar for the drop. The evening drops at Haridwar railway station/bus station. Tour ends.
More about Badrinath
More about Chopta
More about Dehradun
More about Gangotri
More about Joshimath
More about Kedarnath
More about Rishikesh
More about Rudraprayag
More about Yamunotri
More about this tour
Char Dham Yatra Package From Dehradun
The Char Dham Yatra From Dehradun tour refers to the pilgrimage to the four sacred shrines of Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. These shrines are highly revered by Hindus and are located in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas. Dehradun, the capital city of Uttarakhand, often serves as a starting point for the Char Dham Yatra.
Here is a general itinerary for the Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun:
- Start your journey from Dehradun and head towards Yamunotri, the source of the Yamuna River.
- The trek to Yamunotri temple can be covered by foot or on ponies/dandies.
- After visiting Yamunotri, proceed to Gangotri, the origin of the Ganges River.
- The Gangotri temple is accessible by road.
- From Gangotri, make your way to Kedarnath, one of the twelve Jyotirlingas and the abode of Lord Shiva.
- The Kedarnath temple can be reached by a trek or on ponies/horses.
- After Kedarnath, head to Badrinath, the final destination of the Char Dham Yatra.
- Badrinath is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is one of the Char Dham pilgrimage sites.
- The Badrinath temple is accessible by road.
- Return to Dehradun:
- After completing the pilgrimage to all four shrines, return to Dehradun.
Important tips for Char Dham Yatra:
- The best time to undertake the Char Dham Yatra is typically between May and October when the weather is relatively pleasant.
- Check for any travel advisories or updates before planning your journey.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions, and carry suitable clothing and equipment.
- Ensure that you are physically fit, especially if you plan to trek to the temples.
Certainly! Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Char Dham Yatra:
1. What is Char Dham Yatra?
- The Char Dham Yatra is a sacred pilgrimage in Hinduism that involves visiting four holy shrines in the Himalayan region: Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath.
2. Where does the Char Dham Yatra start?
- The Char Dham Yatra often starts from either Haridwar or Rishikesh, with Dehradun also being a common starting point.
3. Can I start the Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun?
- Yes, many pilgrims choose to start their Char Dham Yatra from Dehradun, which serves as a convenient gateway to the pilgrimage.
4. When is the best time to undertake the Char Dham Yatra?
- The best time for the Char Dham Yatra is generally from May to October, as the weather is more favourable during these months.
5. How long does the Char Dham Yatra take?
- The duration of the Char Dham Yatra can vary, but it typically takes around 10 to 14 days to cover all four shrines, depending on the chosen route and mode of transportation.
6. Do I need any permits for the Char Dham Yatra?
- Certain areas along the Char Dham Yatra route may require permits. It's essential to check and obtain the necessary permits before starting the journey.
7. What is the altitude of the Char Dham shrines?
- The altitude varies for each shrine: Yamunotri (3,293 meters), Gangotri (3,100 meters), Kedarnath (3,583 meters), and Badrinath (3,133 meters).
8. Is the Char Dham Yatra suitable for elderly people?
- While the journey involves some challenging terrains, many elderly people undertake the Char Dham Yatra. However, it's advisable to consult a doctor before planning the trip.
9. How can I reach Dehradun for the Char Dham Yatra?
- Dehradun is well-connected by road, rail, and air. You can reach Dehradun by train, bus, or flight from major cities in India.
10. Are there accommodation facilities along the Char Dham route?
- Yes, there are various accommodation options along the Char Dham route, including guesthouses, hotels, and dharamshalas. It's recommended to book accommodations in advance, especially during peak pilgrimage seasons.
11. Can I undertake the Char Dham Yatra independently or should I join a tour?
- Both options are available. Some pilgrims prefer independent travel, while others opt for guided tours organized by travel agencies. The choice depends on personal preferences and travel preferences.
12. Are there medical facilities available along the Char Dham route?
- Medical facilities are available in certain towns along the route. It's advisable to carry basic medications and consult a healthcare professional before the journey.